Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Gone. . .But not forgotten. . .

Yesterday, January 3rd, I experienced one of the worst days of my life. My beloved grandpa passed away. He had an aortic aneurysm. I got the call from my mom on New Year's Day that he was in the hospital and only time would tell. So I ended up having the worst birthday I've ever had. All I could think of was my grandpa and praying over and over again that he would make it through. Unfortunately his kidneys were failing and the doctors didn't see him making it. Then at 6am I got the call from my cousin that he was gone. . .

I've never had anyone in my family die before this and I must say. . . I've never experienced a pain quite like this. He leaves behind my grandma, the love he'd been married to for 52 years. He was also two months shy of his 80th birthday. He was my only grandpa. . . There is a certain rocking chair in my grandparent's house that ONLY my grandpa sat in. Now all I can do is try to picture my grandpa never sitting in that chair again. He was the funniest man I'd ever met. If you were having a bad day, my grandpa would be the best person to brighten it for you. My favorite joke that he used to always say was, "I only lie when I'm alone or with somebody". I'm going to miss playing cards with him. I'll miss being at their house and "grandpa taking a snooze on the davenport". My grandfather. . . Stanley Darwood . . .will forever be in my heart. RIP Grandpa - May you be in Heaven walking with the angels.



My grandpa and my mom on my wedding day



My amazing grandparents with us on our wedding day

No comments:

Post a Comment